Jeff,

Sorry to hear about the devastating effect the weather has  had on our
nesting birds.   One colony that has NOT been effected is the one on the roof of the
Publix Market on US 41 in North Fort Myers.  I was lucky enough to be on duty
when  the Clinic for the Rehabilitation Of Wildlife decided to put two
fledgling Least Terns back with their relatives and friends on that roof -- from
which they had tumbled.     I am not sure which was scarier -- climbing a steep
ladder in flip flops to the roof or the reception I got from the hundred or so
adult terns when I brought their children back.  :-)

Dick Beeler
Fort Myers, FL