From: "Dotty Hull" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 10:18 AM
Subject: [FLBIRDS] Purple Martins

Hi,
We just returned from a 2 week trip to the northeast and were very surprised
to find we still have 20 to 30 Purple Martins flying around the house. We
have never had this many martins in July. They are staying in our
neighborhood, feeding and resting on our house and spending the night in the
house.

In past years the martins that nested here have left around the first of
June, with small numbers of others stopping by for a day or so.

Are other martin landlords having this experience? It is nice to still hear
their joyful chuckling sounds.
Dotty Hull
Port St. Lucie, FL