Hi All,
Another week closer to the peak. Thursday while kayaking the bayside of
N.Captiva an awesome adult Black Tern flew by low in a mixed flock of Sandwich,
Royal and Least all of which are increasing in number, the first B. Kingfisher
for the season as well. Also my first Barn Swallow push of the season. Again,
today I ventured to N. Captiva (7/19) A strong flight of Barn Swallows well into
the afternoon. Lower tides helped increase shorebird sightings. Today's prize
was an excellent plumage Whimbrel, Sanderlings are back and turnstones,
dowitchers, willets are increasing, few peeps, and the first Spotted Sandpiper for
the season.
Vince McGrath
Ft. Myers,Fl.