Helllo-

While walking on the beach late Saturday afternoon, I saw a juvenile Brown
Noddy sitting on the beach in a mixed flock of six tern species.  The bird was
dark brown overall, with no spotting on the back.  I observed the bird fly
several times and was able to see the relatively long unforked tail and dark
underwing.  Other tern species in the flock were Black, Sandwich, Forsters, Least
and Royal.  Shortly after I departed a strong thunderstorm came through so
don't know if the bird is still around.  It was located about 1/2 mile north of
the only traffic light in Melbourne Beach.  Easiest access point to the beach is
at the end of Avenue B, one block north of the light.

Ken LaBorde
Indialantic