When I was a young birder in Florida during the late 1940's & 1950's, I could
always count on my migrating warblers to start arriving to dine on the juicy
little green caterpillars on our mulberry trees by July 22nd when we lived on
Hwy 17-92 just a couple of  miles north of Maitland until 1954.  I almost
always had my first warbler entered in my record book on July 22 during the years
from 1948-1954.  One year, it was the 21st and another was as late as the
28th.  The first was always a yellow-throated warbler or a black & white warbler.
Within a day or two, the other warblers would start coming in until I had
almost all of them peering through the mulberry leaves searching for food within
inches of my face as I sat quietly in the crook of the tree where a bunch of
branches came together almost forming a basket chair for me.  As I said, I was
a young birder back then and still agile enough to get UP INTO the tree!
Seeing almost every Eastern warbler up close and personal year after year was a
memorable experience.

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN