Hi all,

     At the sand flats along Strauber Memorial Hwy this morning there were 67 Roseate Spoonbills, some quite close to the road (where is my camera when I need it?!), along with a few Wood Storks and White Ibis. A ride to Green Key was pretty productive with a few birds I haven't seen there recently. Among them were several Least terns on the beach, 1 parent feeding a begging youngster and a first year bird  keeping separate from the adults, typical teenager. The boardwalk will remain closed for close to another month according to the caretaker. Apparently only 2 floor joists are replaced each day and work only takes place on weekdays at low tide. So far 36 of the 50 or more boards have been replaced so it'll be a while yet. Other birds seen:

D.C.Cormorant
Reddish Egret
Great Blue Heron
Green Heron