There are FREE learning styles inventories available
online. Now this may not mean that they are in the
public domain, but that they are available to you and
your students for free.

I have listed these at:

http://www.howtostudy.org/resources/learn/index.htm

I like the first and second ones best. The first one
is from Diablo College and is being used to gather
data for research on learning styles. Also it is run
by a community college, so I like to have my community
college students contribute to this research.

Secondly, VARK comes from the University of Hawaii and
has some validity with it.

Anyone can make up a learning styles inventory, but I
am looking for valid instruments.

I will continue to add learning style inventories to
the howtostudy site as they become "public". Of
course, if the link disappears then I have to redo
that as well.

--- Laura Symons <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Thanks, Kathy!
>
> >Laura:
> >
> >I checked out the learning styles on the LSCHE web
> site listed below.
> >Go to the one from the University of Pittsburgh.
> It is free and it is
> >excellent.
> >

>http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/~lsche/resources/lrnr_asses/studyskills.htm
> >
> >Kathy Gutierrez
> >Santiago Canyon College
> >Tutoring Center
> >714-628-4795
> >
> >The real happy person is one who can enjoy the
> scenery on a detour.

=====
Lucy Tribble MacDonald
Emeritus Faculty
Preparing Tomorrow's Teachers to use Technology (PT3) Coordinator
Chemeketa Community College
4717 Antelope NE
Salem, OR 97305
503-390-6376