-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of beth kupper-herr
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 7:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Computer lab policy question

Aloha from Hawai'i,
This is a question for anyone whose learning center includes a computer lab
with printer for student use:  What sort of policy do you have regarding
limitations on quantity of printing?  Up to now, our policy has been quite
generous: we've permitted students to print without limit, as long as the
material was related to their courses.  But this semester, we're getting a
flood of students who are printing legitimate academic stuff, but it's
material from their WebCT courses -- the equivalent of entire textbook
chapters or whole textbooks, hundreds of pages.  Obviously we have to do
something, and fast. I'd like to know how others handle this.  What kind of
policy do you have, and how do you enforce it?  Are there consequences
(e.g., barred from printing, or banned from lab) for violators?

Thanks in advance for your input.

    beth kupper-herr

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Beth Kupper-Herr
Associate Professor
Coordinator, Learning Resource Center
Leeward Community College