From: Patrick Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sep 24, 2003 9:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: tutor productivity at walk-in centers

At South Texas Community College we run a walk-in tutoring center. Our
policy is to have at least one math and at least one English tutor available
at all times. We are open from 8 to 8 Mon. to Thur., 8 to 4 Fri., and 9 to 1
Sat.

We keep records of how much time our tutors actually spend tutoring (a tutor
log), and, at the end of each pay cycle, we compare that with time spent
working (a time card). Thus we generate a tutor productivity statistic that
helps us see who is working and who isn't as well as telling us when the
center is busy.

Our tutor productivity, though, seldom rises above 70% and is usually around
60%. Does anyone else out there keep these kinds of statistics, and if you
do, what is an acceptable level of tutor productivity at a walk-in tutoring
center?

Patrick Murray

Title V Director of Activities/Instructional Designer

Division of Developmental Studies

South Texas Community College

P.O. Box 9701

McAllen, TX 78502

ph. # 668-6445

fax # 668-6438

"Education is the progressive realization of one's own ignorance."

-- Anonymous

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L

www.smarthinking.com

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L