From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 4:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Just had to share

Our athletic department works very closely with the faculty and us here
in the Learning Center to be sure their athletes are doing well in
school.  They help their kids really put academics first.  I teach a
class that is populated almost exclusively by athletes, and I am awed by
the schedule that those kids keep and the dedication to both school and
sports they exhibit.

"People are trapped in history and history is trapped in them."  --James
A. Baldwin
Amy Crouse-Powers, M.A.
Learning Support Services
SUNY College at Oneonta