According to information on www.dol.gov/esa, FL is at $5.15, the Federal
rate for minimum wage. So you're paying even better than you thought! :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Marjorie McKillop [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 10:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Student Tutor Pay Rate

Interesting.  Is Florida $5.40?  If so, we are paying 60 cents above
miniumum.

Yes. Here in CA it's $6.75. I found a web site that lists all current
minimum wages by state. Some are as low as $5.15. It's the difference
between what folks are paying tutors and minimum wage that interests
us
on our campus.