Okay, I'm really not into athlete bashing, but I just had to share this
with all of you.  It seems our Athletic Department has recently
discovered that there might be a link between class attendance and
academic success:

Baseball Attendance Monitoring

Run Date: 9/5/2003 - 9/12/2003
In an effort to better monitor our students academic progress we have
asked them to have faculty verify their attendance each day they attend
class. They will carry with them an "attendance card" that they will ask
you to initial at the end of each class. We believe that consistently
monitoring their attendance will have a significant impact on their
academic success.

We appreciate your support of these efforts. If you have any questions
or comments please contact Baseball at your convenience.

Karen S. Burton, M.Ed., LPC
Coordinator
Learning Resource Center
Lewis-Clark State College