Bill,

You sound like a man heavily invested in sheep ( I don't even want to know
what you ND people are invested in). As much at it pains me to do so, I must
in truth agree with Bill (this alone should convey to all of you the gravity
of this topic). Unless we rise to the occasion, take a leadership role in
this new age of compliance legislation, define terms according to our
criteria, become real time Records Managers we will never realize our goal
of being professional Records Managers.

Paperless Office

Who ever said Records Managers get to decide if a paperless office is a
reality.
If we were a truly professional organization we might, and truly mean might,
be able to decide this. However we lack the organizational pull to effect
this I any consistent and meaningful way. If you are lucky EDMS and imaging
will be placed under you, as project manager, and you will be able to
mitigate some of the poor decisions being meted out today. However, in all
honesty if the organization decides to go paperless, it will, whether you
thinks it a good idea or not. I recommend we all get on board with this idea
and take ownership of it. What's that old saying, lead follow or get the
h---- out of the way. Well folks we still have a slight opportunity to lead
this. If you think we will be given the opportunity to be followers, think
again.

Paper is bad.
Bill is right again (oh the agony of it all).
Get over it. Get rid of it. Get on with your life.

Chris Flynn CA CRM
Records Officer
University of Idaho
208/885-4408