From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Mallory, Alicia
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 8:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Are you a geek? was Re: Boston ARMA Conference Listserv
Gathe ring

Kathy said:

"I scored 43% on the Geek-O-Meter!!   So with so many of us Geek Liaisons
around, how come we still can't get IT to understand Records Management
concepts such as - even though 'storage is cheap', we still need to schedule
electronic records..............

Guess we still need to upgrade our Geek Factor....."

Don't worry, Kathy.  I'm dealing with the typical e-records issues, and look
at my score:

You are 71% geek.

You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the
universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested
in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net
connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming
you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a
technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby
get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion
as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.

I have to admit to holding a job in college doing tech support for an ISP.
I think part of the score comes from the fact that I'm at the tail end of
Gen-X and have been using a computer since I was 7.  The other part is all
those Brian Eno and They Might Be Giants albums.  :)

Alicia Mallory
Records Retention Analyst
Teacher Retirement System of Texas