On 9/10/03, Chris Price posted   <<<"We are attempting to convert PDF files through an Archive Writer for a silver film output.  Our vendor has not had success with our PDF files that have embedded color in them (E.G.  Hyperlinks, any color attribute, etc.)  Has anyone using the Archive Writer had success in this area?">>>

Chris,

If I remember correctly from my days in microfilm, unless you are using color microfilm (expensive if I remember and more prominently used for things like color maps), the chemical processing process only reveals black, white, and grey tones.   If it is really important to have these links stand out from the rest of the text, perhaps they could be bolded or underlined as well as having the de facto color.  This would have to be done before the conversion to PDF.  As I understand it, PDFs can't be altered once created.

Jim

Jim Mullen, Records Manager
Oregon University System
P.O. Box 488