Citations for Luciana Duranti's works:
"The Odyssey of Records Managers - Part I', Records Management Quarterly, Vol. 23, No. 3, July 1989, pp. 3-11.
'The Odyssey of Records Managers - Part II', Records Management Quarterly, Vol. 23, No. 4, October 1989, pp. 3-11.

Laurie

>>> [log in to unmask] Tuesday, September 16, 2003 10:25:58 AM >>>
Hi Naomi--

I do not have the complete citation, but Luciana Duranti did a series of
articles for the ARMA Journal early in the 1990s on the history of archives
as they developed from the ancient accounting records, genealogy records.
It was serialized over two months, and was a very good article.  Duranti is
a professor of archival studies at the University of British Columbia and
archival programs internationally.  I believe a search of her name and
articles on any good search engine should turn up the complete citation.
Good Luck.

Elizabeth Fairfax, MA, CA
Director, Island County Records and Information Services