That someone would most likely be me -- you can see the results
at http://www.baconizer.com

That site connects the dots on over 400,000 items that Amazon
sells.  I haven't done any of the clustering analysis Valdis has
connected; fascinating work.

I've been collecting the data for over six months now, and have
a suite of shell and expect scripts (indispensable for talking
to multiple Unix machines) that are nearly completely autonomous
now.  One of the results I publish are charts that highlight
the extremes of the graphs on a monthly basis -- these are based
at http://www.baconizer.com/research/data/2003.

- Eric