Hello SOCNET members,

I am a Gator, class of 1967.  Hope all is well with you!

One of the critical issues facing all the Christian/Catholic churches is
the persisting idea that God is male, and therefore women cannot be
pastors/priests.  This is a significant obstacle to the authentic human
development of both men and women, and cannot possibly be God's will.
Can we consider this issue in this forum?

There is a new web site about the ordination of women:

Mary Magdalene the Apostle Catholic Website
http://www.catholic-women-priests.org/

Bishop Sharon Hart of the Contemporary Catholic Church is the episcopal
sponsor of this web site. Candidates will be screened and then viable
ones will be given the contact info for jurisdictions and bishops who
should be able to test their vocation, taking into account their
theological insights and pastoral gifts.  Diversity will be encouraged
within the legitimate bounds of the "one, holy, catholic, and apostolic
church" (Nicene Creed).

Please consider this critical issue and spread the word ... share this
with your friends and associates, specially women who may have a
priestly vocation but need encouragement and counseling.

Respectfully,
Luis

Luis T. Gutierrez