The 1999 book, "Organization Modelling" by Morabito, Sack and Bate,
ISBN 0132575523, combines an extensive literature review with a
synthesis accessible to both managers and technologists.  The book
integrates multiple 'fuzzy' concepts into a metamodel that manages
to be less fuzzy without patronizing the constituent models.

Relevant to brokerage is the discussion of early / late / real-time
knowledge binding in different industries.  As the latency of some
types of knowledge production and distribution falls rapidly, some
industries (roles? individuals?) are culturally disposed to tolerate
tension and resolve ambiguity between proven and promising.

Untilled research ground and data exist in the history of network
bandwidth trading exchanges, Enron not withstanding. The business
practices of Internet routing are uniquely enforced by common
(i.e. non-negotiable) open-standard software.  Bill Norton of
exchange provider Equinix wrote several papers on ISP Peering:

  http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~randy/Courses/cs294.s02/cs2943sp02.html

--
Rich Persaud