We've hired Sharon Julien (http://www.sjulien.com/contact.htm) for
about 2 years to do most of our cosmetic work and design (at
www.ees.ufl.edu).  She doesn't work for us full time, so may be
able to do additional side work.  I can definitely recommend her
skills as pertains to design and graphics, but I recommend
checking out her portfolio yourself.  Feel free to mention I
referred you ;-).

Randy S.