        From: Cynthia Fortner [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
        Subject: Re: FW: The Matrix and Anime

        Greetings to all PsyArters!
            Please don't be "mystified," Bill.  As the film I have was a gift of my
        Japanese students, Bill, perhaps it is, as you state, "a bootleg version."  But,
        since you were apparently trying to correct me in your previous posting that I
        must have been referring to a "book" in my initial posting, my reply was to
        indicate that I do know the difference between a book and a film and I'm quite
        capable of reading the title.  We reviewed this Anime film in my class along with
        The Matrix.
            Why the propensity to turn my words into something they are not?  Is this,
        Norm, a "masculinist" reader response--always to want the upper hand?   I've had
        this happen before on this list.  Perhaps it is an example of what Wendy Creed's
        wonderfully informative posting indicates: that the website she contacted about
        masculine and feminine writing concluded that "male" responses were more
        aggressive?  To be told I "must mean a book" when I clearly knew what I was
        posting about makes me not to want to post things to PsyArt so that we do not have
        to engage in this sort of banal "It's a book, No, it's a film, No, It's Superman"
        sort of "one-up manship" exchange.  Maybe I'm asking for a little attention to net
        etiquite here, because I certainly know what I mean before and after I post it to
        PsyArt.  An inquiry about "don't you mean a book..." could easily have been
        handled off-list as well, with the results posted to the group at large if need
        be.
            Since the original thread of what I was responding to seems to have been lost,
        I was indicating it appeared that Western Hollywood was learning from the Eastern
        Japanese Anime, rather than the other way around--as the question had been raised
        about the East learning from the West.
            All the best,
                Cynthia Fortner