Dear Benjamin:
Gustavo Mesch and I are studying Israeli (Jews and Arabs) adolescents'
social networks on-line and off-line.
  We use a name generator of up to 6 possible contacts.  We used a
battery of standard questions to model tie strength etc, and a
fill-in matrix to measure density.  We
also included school and other activities in the questionnaire.

See interim report at::
http://hevra.haifa.ac.il/~soc/events/cn/abstracts/mesch_talmud_4.htm
or :http://hevra.haifa.ac.il/~soc/events/cn/abstracts/cmsn/cmsn2.pdf

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Benjamin Forman wrote:

> Dear Socneters:
>
> I'm interested in learning more about the social networks of adolescents
> participating in organized after school programs.  If anyone knows of
> relevant previous studies, or can offer advice on methods for measuring the
> presence and strength of ties generated by participation in these
> activities, it would be great to hear your thoughts.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Benjamin

Ilan Talmud, Ph.D.,
Senior Lecturer,
Graduate Program in Applied and Organizational Sociology,
Department of Sociology and Anthropology,
University of Haifa, 31905 Haifa, Israel
Phones: (W)+972-4-8240-992 (direct);
          972-4-8240995 / 972-4-8249506 (secretaries)
 FAX: (W)+ 972-4-8240-819
      (H)+ 972-3-540-3226 (voice)
           972-3-547-5288 (fax)
  Residence: 25 B Sold St., Apt. 4,