Forwarded for colleague not yet a listserver.

Response of Linda Hunt:
Perhaps "study cards" would be a more appropriate title.  I believe West
publishing discussed study cards as part of their integration of study
skills in their Elementary (or Introductory) Algebra text.  I hope one
of their representatives is on this listserv and can respond.  Was West
absorbed into another company?

Linda Hunt
University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College

Subject: Re: flash cards

But are we expecting our students to memorize information (flashcard
mindset) or truly learn its application...I had this discussion with my
8
year old this morning! He wants to use flashcards to help learn his
multiplication facts, which is memorization...Just my 2 cents...

Karyn Schulz
Coordinator of Learning Assistance
CCBC Dundalk