You might check out www.learningexpresslibrary.com.  I have not used it,
but our library bought it at a very reasonable price: maybe $1000 for
access from every computer on campus.  Perhaps someone else has feeback
on it.  (We use it for practice for the Praxis I Exam that the state
requires for admission to teacher education.)

I'd love to know about good--but affordable--software.  We've had
LearningPlus and looked into Plato, but couldn't afford it.

Good luck!

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/05/03 12:29PM >>>
I lead a learning center at a metropolitan community college in Kansas
City.  We are seeking software for students to use to supplement
classroom instruction for developmental English classes.  Specifically,
we need software to support the learning of grammar and mechanics.

We realize that software is not a panacea, but we did see some
improvements when we piloted a SkillsTutor program.  I see that Plato is
another alternative, but with these web-based programs the costs became
prohibitive.  If you are aware of a program that offers support of this
nature, please let me know.

Thanks,
Zola Gordy, Coordinator
Maple Woods Academic Achievement Center