We have used COMPASS/ESL for two years and have been happy with it.  It
placed very accurately for oru program.  Please email me directly at
[log in to unmask] if you want more information.

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/24/03 11:17AM >>>
Hello to all,
Would you please let me know what standardized reading test(s) you are
using
and your opinion on them. I have used the Nelson-Denny for many years;
however, it was the pencil type. If you are using the computer version
of
the Nelson-Denny, please let me know your opinion. Also, is anyone
using the
computer COMPASS/ESL test. Please share your opinions on this test.
Please
include information about the publisher and any other pertinent
information.

I also would greatly appreciate your opinions about computer reading
tutorials for college students ranging in grade equivalency levels
from
approximately grade 5 to grade 12. Please let me know what areas are
covered
and your opinions. Again, please include information about the
publisher and
any other pertinent information.

Thanks for your help and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Susan Kershaw
Director of the Conwell Learning Center
Rosemont College
1400 Montgomery Avenue