I've had success this semester with THE TOWNSEND THEMATIC READER, by
Hayes and McAlexander.  My lowest-level readers enjoy the selections.

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 2:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reader for Developmental Writing Class

I could use some suggestions for a book of essays for next semester's
Developmental Writing class.

My current reader, Transitions, uses vocabulary that is far over the
heads of my students. I'm looking for something else that they might be
able to read with more comprehension and interest.

I am considering using Newsweek. Any suggestions?

Richard Damashek

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L