I lead a learning center at a metropolitan community college in Kansas City.  We are seeking software for students to use to supplement classroom instruction for developmental English classes.  Specifically, we need software to support the learning of grammar and mechanics.

We realize that software is not a panacea, but we did see some improvements when we piloted a SkillsTutor program.  I see that Plato is another alternative, but with these web-based programs the costs became prohibitive.  If you are aware of a program that offers support of this nature, please let me know.

Thanks,
Zola Gordy, Coordinator
Maple Woods Academic Achievement Center

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L