We have had a few of faculty members, both full and part time, ask us to promote their review tutorials.  Both commented on the increased contact they have with studetns through these sessions.  Apparently, students are less intimidated about visiting the instructor in a study session than a one-on-one in their offices.

Zola Gordy
AAC Coordinator
Maple Woods Community College

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/19/03 11:56AM >>>
** Proprietary **

We have been somewhat successful in getting our dean to approve up to a
couple hours a week of instructor's office hours being spent in the
center. The instructors that have participated have told me and others
that they have gained definite benefits from this experience. Some feel
that they are able to reach students that would never have dreamed of
approaching them in their office. Students can also try out other
instructors before making class choices.

In addition, having a teacher on deck before an exam really makes a
difference to our drop in lab.

Vera Mayes
Learning Center Coordinator
Tallahassee Community College