Zola, Would you be able to send the information to me, too.  We are interested in a similar model at our institution.

Thanks,
Jackie Hays

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/07/03 09:52AM >>>
Hey, Jan,

I am piloting a developmental learning community at Maple Woods that we're calling "Foundations: A Developmental Learning Community."  I have used the Omaha MCC's program as a model.  You may want to check with our Heartlanders Teri, Diane, and Mellisa.

If you would like to see the design and proposal, I would be glad to send them to you.

-Zola Gordy

MCC's Longview College in Kansas City offers a developmental learning community

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/06/03 02:42PM >>>
If your campus offers developmental learning communities (e.g., block courses, linked courses, Freshman Interest Groups, etc. for students needing developmental writing, reading, &/or math), what are you calling that program?  That is, are you using something other then the phrase "learning community" to describe programs with developmental courses?  Is there a separate name for the overall program?  If you have a web site about such a program at your campus, please send me the web address (I'm not having much luck with search engines); if you know of some other relevant resource I should be reviewing, I'd appreciate that info, too.

Jan Norton, Director
Center for Academic Support
Missouri Western State College

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L