I would also like to know that information.
We are having a problem finding a valid test also.
We have a very old version of the California Test of Adult Basic Skills, which gave us excellent information.  Then, the test was made easier, and we have since been searching for a good test.  Is the Nelson Denny the best test on the market now?
Esther Rosenstock
Dire4ctor of Developmental Studies
Villa Julie College
Greenspring Valley Road
Stevenson, Maryland
21153

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/24/03 11:17AM >>>
Hello to all,
Would you please let me know what standardized reading test(s) you are using
and your opinion on them. I have used the Nelson-Denny for many years;
however, it was the pencil type. If you are using the computer version of
the Nelson-Denny, please let me know your opinion. Also, is anyone using the
computer COMPASS/ESL test. Please share your opinions on this test. Please
include information about the publisher and any other pertinent information.

I also would greatly appreciate your opinions about computer reading
tutorials for college students ranging in grade equivalency levels from
approximately grade 5 to grade 12. Please let me know what areas are covered
and your opinions. Again, please include information about the publisher and
any other pertinent information.

Thanks for your help and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Susan Kershaw
Director of the Conwell Learning Center
Rosemont College
1400 Montgomery Avenue