List members may want to take note of the job opening below.
Beate Sissenich
(Asst. Prof., Political Science
Indiana University)

----------------------------
Sociology, Anthropology, Statistics, Psychology, Economics and Research
appointment in the CONCEPT I Health and Medicine Program  (Contemporary
Concepts for Emerging Theory and Policy Issues in Health and Medicine
Program)

Indiana University, Bloomington invites applications for a tenure-track
or tenured position at any rank (assistant, associate or full).  We seek
a social scientist or statistician with a research interest in issues
related to aspects of health, illness and/or treatment. Any topical focus
and approach will be considered, but we are particularly interested in
candidates who have strong qualitative or quantitative skills and
expertise.  The faculty member would hold a research appointment at the
Karl F. Schuessler Institute of Social Research and a tenure-track or
tenured position in the appropriate social science department or
departments.  Capacity to work with scholars from multiple disciplines is
essential.  Evidence of the candidate's research performance or promise,
as well as teaching, should be provided. Applicants should send a c.v.,
letter of application, a statement of research and teaching interests, a
sample article (or dissertation chapter), and the names of three
references to Bernice A. Pescosolido, Director, Concept I Program,
Department of Sociology, Indiana University, 1020 E. Kirkwood Avenue,
Bloomington, IN 47405.  Application materials received by November 1 will
be given full consideration, though the position will remain open until
it is filled.  Indiana University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.