Hi Dee--

I think what you are doing is a very fine idea, and many of my
students (in business strategy & int'l business at SF State)
might benefit from this list when we consider a network approach
to org. strategy.

A couple of suggestions for possibile addition to your list:

1. Networks are frequently (usually?) invisible.

2. Making them visible adds value (knowing what the network
looks like is good).

3. A possibly useful caveat related to some of your suggestions:
In some cases generalizing about a "good" network is
problematic, because substantial "negative utility" can also
flow through networks (e.g., destructive gossip, misinformation,
disinformation, outdated information, viruses). Maybe
"usefuleness of networks is in the eye of the beholder."

Hope this is along the lines of what you are thinking about for
suggestions.

Best Regards,

Bruce Heiman

=====