Although I much prefer digests, I have given up on the SocNet digest.

Going thru 30 screens of junk after a message last Friday was the last
straw.

This is after repeatedly getting a one page message in clean ASCII
followed by 10 pages of HTML code which adds nothing to the content.

There have been numerous requests to set people's emailers to plain ASCII
as the lowest common denominator, but they are routinely ignored.

So I have reluctantly switched to one message at a time. As the ASCII
seems always to come first, I can delete when I hit the junk,

I am not a Luddite. I just believe in clean code, short messages and a
junk-free world.

 Barry