As Valdis seems to be a bit alone, I want to support his position briefly.
Fishing expeditions, on the order of I don't know anything (and I don't
want to bother learning) are not useful ways of eliciting information.

They usually take the form of "Please tell me everything you know about X
[broadly-defined]".

Much more useful is reading up on X, and then sending a message saying
"Given what we know about X [with details], could you help me understand X
to Y."

Abusive responses to this email will not be answered.
Love to all, and Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans,
 Barry