> I am looking at the network of relations of the executivesof a subsidiary organization
> towards the rest of the company. I want to find which departments of the rest of the
> subsidiary are structurally equivalent among them. That is, which departments relate
> to the same departments of the subsidiary.
>
> However, as you might expect, my network is not complete.
> I have only collected subsidary data. That implies that my matrix is not squared.
> That is in vertical I have my own departments and in horizontal the alters from
> the Multinational.

   May be, if the network is not too large, you can try 2-mode blockmodeling approach.
   See

   http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/doc/IFCS.02/IFCS02.pdf

   Vlado

Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana, Department of Mathematics
  Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

tel:  +386 (0)1 4766 672          e-mail: [log in to unmask]
fax:  +386 (0)1 4766 685          WWW:    http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/