Unfortunately SNA methods do not work well in analyzing the power grid.  Electricity flows MUCH differently than info/knowledge/influence flow through social networks.  For instance, power flows OFTEN do not follow the geodesics, and POWER may be broken up[at various nodes] to travel along several paths, and need to balance network inputs/outputs...  We may find a node of high betweenness[or some other metric] in the grid topology and then discover that very little electrcity actually passes through it.

Valdis

---- Rick Davies <[log in to unmask]>