All:

I have heard it said that Sharp-shinned Hawks tend to perch closer to the
trunks of trees while Cooper's Hawks tend to perch further out on the
outer branches. I've noticed this up North when I used to live there but
I've not really seen this phenomenon down here. Can anyone corroborate
this behavior in these accipiters in Florida?

Cheers.

Vince Lucas (who's going to try for the Common Merganser in Punta Gorda
in an hour or so).
Naples, FL