The male Ruby-throated made one of it's infrequently observed visits to the
back feeder this afternoon.  The bird's feeder visits are so infrequent
that I am assuming that it is trap-lining the neighborhood.  There may be
other feeders around, but I suspect that it may be visiting a boot-leg
nursery several blocks away that still has lots of flowers.

The previously mentioned female Painted Bunting turned out to be a
three-day wonder.  No sightings of it in nearly a week.

Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL