On Monday, December 15th, Fred Bassett, with the Hummer/Bird Study Group,
banded an immature male Ruby Throated hummingbird and three Rufous hummingbirds
in Tallahassee.

On Tuesday, the 16th, I went with him to four homes and he banded an immature
male Rufous, an adult female Rufous, an adult female Ruby Throated and an adult
Male Black Chinned.

The adult female Rufous was caught at my house where we had hoped it would be
my returnee for the fourth year. This bird was not the one that I had been
seeing, so there is still a chance that the other bird is my return bird. Fred
will be back in mid January and give it another try.

The mild winter has kept the flowers and bugs abundant enough that the birds
have been very slow to come to the feeders. Many people that have had birds in
the past are seeing some birds, but mainly on the flowers.

Fred Dietrich
Tallahassee, FL