I just got a new yard bird--a female PURPLE FINCH today (19 Dec 03), finally.

I had a CALLIOPE HUMMINGBIRD from 9-12 Dec, but it wouldn't stay for Fred
Basset to band it.  I did manage to get some digital photos of it.  (Also a
new yard bird.)

Although not a new yard bird, a WHIP-POOR-WILL continues to use one of my
stump feeders for a perch in the evenings around 5:45 PM.

Jack Dozier
Alligator Pt., FL