Speaking of pink birds....One of my employees lives on the water in
the Maximo section of St. Petersburg.  He knows the difference
between flamingos and spoonsbills, and swears that he has been seeing
a banded flamingo regularly.  He sees the bird early in the morning
off to the side of the entrance ramp onto I 275 at the very south end
of the skyway where it intersects with US 19.  The way he describes
the bird standing on one long leg, with it's head resting on it's
back makes me think it's the real thing.

Best regards, Susan
Visit http://home.tampabay.rr.com/litpoo home of "The Literate Poodle"