Thanks very much to everyone who replied to my request for help
regarding Florida Scrub Jay and Limpkin in N FL. I had a great trip
and managed to find both of these spp. Several people recommended the
Yearling Trail off Hwy 19 in Ocala NF for the Jay and I got great
close views of them there. Also saw several more besides the Hwy to
the S of this spot.

Limpkin was much more difficult - I tried a range of different spots
that people recommended incl Wacissa Spr, Alexander Spr and Salt Spr
run in Ocala NF, Emeralda Marsh. Eventually was luckuy kayaking down
from the Ponce de Leon Spr - when I finally saw one (very close)
understood why they had been so difficult so far - I hadn't realised
how well they can hide in vegetation.

Other spp that I encountered that I thought might be sufficiently
unusual to be of interest to the list:

22 dec, St Mark's NWR (great site!)
RUSTY BLACKBIRD - 3 or 4 with Red-winged Blackbirds in the wooded
swamp along the road just past the info center.
AMERICAN REDSTART - 1 fem-type in same spot as the blackbirds
NELSON'S SHARP-TAILED SPARROW - at end of Wakulla Beach Rd at high tide

23 dec, Paynes Prairie (another great site!)
AMERICAN BITTERN - 1, SNOW GOOSE - 10, VESPER SPARROW - 2 - La Chua trail.
"YELLOW" PALM WARBLER - on entrance rd to info center

Thanks again for all your help FL birders! I'd be happy to help back
with my very limited knowledge of GA (only been here a few months),
or my somewhat better knowledge of AZ (where I moved from and had
been 1.5 yr) or S England (where I'm from).

Cheers
Steve

--
Dr Stephen Barlow,