     Greetings All:
     I am hoping to visit Florida for a week this spring and am doing my best to make it a high quality birding trip.  I mostly plan on monitoring your listserv for current events (latest sightings and such) but will have a few, mostly likely stupid-sounding, questions for your resident experts over the course of my planning period.  Please bear with me, thanks for your patience, and should you any of you ever visit west Texas feel free to send me your questions.  On to a couple of silly questions.
     1) I have had Bill Pranty's 'A Birder's Guide to Florida' recommended to me as 'the best' bird finding guide for Florida.  Is it, indeed, the best or at least one of the best?  I'm kind of hoping to find a book that will tell me where to go to find particular species.
     2) Is there an official list of 'countable' bird species for Florida and, if so, what is the best way for me to go about acquiring it?  I am particularly interested in which of the so-called exotics have become established enough to be considered countable - Columbiiformes, Psitaciiformes, bulbuls, etc...
     3) Though I am not particularly concerned about migrants (I'll mostly be seeking out your endemics) what is the best week to visit southern Florida in the spring?  In Texas, we generall recommend the last week of April/first week of May for migrants.
     Please respond to me privately at [log in to unmask] as I doubt the answers to these questions will be of much interest to your birding folks and ... thank you very much for your help.
     Anthony Floyd, Lubbock, TX