Hello Everyone,
I hqve something to get off my chest.  We visited Jetty Park last month to
see what everyone was talking about.  And, WOW, you all were right about the
variety and abundance of species.  But something about the beach (and most other
beaches, for that matter) is pretty annoying.  Every time I would get
comfortable watching a grouping of birds (at a short distance, so as not to disturb
them) somone would come along and walk straight through them as though they were
invisible.  Even worse, some people (chidren as well as adults) would run
through them while yelling and waving their arms.  I even saw a boy going down
the beach riding his bicycle through every sitting of birds he could find.  By
the look on all their faces, this brought them great joy and satisfaction (boy,
 did it p_ _ _  me off).  But would it do any good to say anything to them?
I think not.  I guess they have the right to do this.  I feel sorry for those
who believe the birds are here for their amusement.  Thanks for reading this,

Ellen
Brandon, FL