Just catching up on my E-mail, and thought you might be interested in my
solution to the pishing of the MacGillivray's when we had one here in Nashville at
Radnor Lake.  Since I can sometimes imitate bird sounds fairly accurately, I
listened to a tape of that little sucker's chip call on my ten mile trip to
Radnor Lake where it had been seen.  I also practiced duplicating it on my way
and captured it well enough that when I got to the appointed location and
imitated his "chip," he popped out onto a limb and gave me super look number one!
He gave me three more really good appearances before more people arrived.  I
got him back up nicely for the first couple, but then the walkers/runners/dog
handlers/kids/bicyclists came into the area, and it went deep into the
hedgerows.  Out west, I found that a fake chip that sounds "close to real" will bring
many birds up.  If you sound sort of like they do, they will show off for you.
 At least, that was my experience on all my trips.

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN