There was a Flamingo hanging out in the middle of Sarasota Bay for several
years, but I did not see it on our visit last winter. Maybe he/she moved to St.
Pete. I would see the bird from Longboat Key with a scope, out on a small
sandbar, but not able to tell whether it was banded. We'll be back to LBK this
January and let you know what's up.

Best regards to all the helpful Fla. birders I met last year, hope to see you
soon.

Good birding

Mark Davis MD
Atlanta GA