Oh Happiness.  The Chipping Sparrows and Goldfinches have arrived in my yard.
 I thought they would never get here.  And they brought with them several
other wonderful birds that graced my trees and waterbaths yesterday and today:  2
gorgeous Yellow-throated Warblers, a Black and White Warbler (who will stay
the winter here), a Prairie Warbler and a whole bunch of Myrtle Warblers.  I
wish I had had my camera in my lap when the YTWA drank at the bath but I knew if
I moved to go get it I would have scared it.  There were a number of Tree
Swallows diving around above my trees today as well.  One new Ruby-crowned
Kinglet has also arrived.  One has been here for several months already.  It just
was so great to hear the whiny little sounds of the Goldfinches, especially.
Now I believe winter is here.

One of the things the yellow-rumps love is the leftovers from my companion
birds' food.  I feed them Roudybush, which is a peanut flavored hard food.  When
they eat (all parrots) they crumble much of it into dust.  I toss all the
dust out onto my favorite bush where all the birds gather at different times
during the day.  I knew from last year that the rumps liked the food.  And again
today they were eating the dust pieces off the leaves.

Meret Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL