Driving home from the St. John's River we passed a pair of Whooping Cranes.
We had turned off 44 onto Pioneer Trail between 44 and 415 in Volusia County.
Because we were pulling a boat there was no way to turn around to check for
leg tags.  They were in a field, on the south side of the road, with some
cattle.  It was approximately 5:45 PM today.  I will go back there tomorrow and see
if I can locate them again and get the tags.

Meret Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL