Hi all,
For the second time in two weeks I have seen three Snow Geese - 1 adult & 2 immature dark morphs flying over 16th Street N just south of Roosevelt Blvd in NE St. Petersburg. They landed in a retention pond just south of the hydrilla & cattail covered pond at the old Toytown landfill site. They seem to be going back and forth between that pond and the large lake on the east side of 16th Street. This is the same lake that is behind the Verizon building and the Jabil Circuit complex if you were on 9th (MLK) Street. There is a St. Pete fire station at the corner of Roosevelt & 16th. A large heron roost is located in the willows behind the fire station, and last year on the CBC, we had two American Bitterns flying at daybreak. There were 30+ Black-necked Stilts at that location earlier, but alas, it looks like they have chosen to go elsewhere for the CBC. This is a great spot for locals to check out on a regular basis.
David GoodwinSt. [log in to unmask]"Quick Hoatzin, the game's afoot!"