BlankHi all,

    With the rain this morning I almost decided to spend the morning watching the news about Saddam's capture, but common sense prevailed and I went birding at Green Key instead, giving my new rain outfit a good workout. On the beach there was a large flock of assorted birds, among them 175+ Black Skimmers, 20 Royal Terns, 2 Caspian Terns, 2 Forster's Terns, many Laughing and Ring-billed Gulls, 1 Herring Gull, 1 Oyster-catcher, Willet, and several Western Sandpipers. Out on the Gulf were D.C.Cormorants, Brown Pelicans, at least 4 Common Loons, 3 Horned Grebes, 10 Hooded Mergansers, many Red-breasted Mergansers, Osprey, and 4 fly-by S.B.Dowitchers or Snipe (couldn't tell which because of the visibility, probably dowitchers). In the marshes were Redwings, several Sedge Wrens and Palm Warblers.

Good birding,
Ray Smart
New Port Richey, FL